Thursday, June 12, 2008

whale of a time!

I just realized I forgot to blog on the cute whale themed baby shower we did for my friend, Leslie. She is using this bedding for her little boy, Grayson. Who, by the way joined us a couple of weeks ago..weighing in at a whopping 9 lbs 3 oz! The bedding is so cute, we decided to use it for the theme. Here's the invitations. They are inspired by Elsie Flanagan. (if you are saying to yourself "who's that" take a peek at the left and click on her blog...she's fun) also, here's the complimentary thank you notes.










We also made matching invitations for a "big sister" shower for Leslie's daughter, Kennedy. I don't have a picture of those. But we had a cute little table set up just for the kids to have their own little party. Here's the cake. It's rather simple, and not what I planned to make, but the day of the shower, this is the creation that emerged from the kitchen! If you look closely you can see evidence of little-people fingers that were too excited to wait. He patched up well though!
And these cute little burp rags are one of the hostess gifts we made. Breanna and I tag teamed them, and I think they turned out so great. I can't wait to make more. The little whale is aplique, and the same material is used to line the back (and cover up the ugly back of the whale)
I made these little whale bean bags for the kids' favors. This one is red, and was kind of the prototype, but the final products were blue for boys and pink for girls. Jay couldn't wrap his mind around a pink whale, but then i remembered seeing this article, and it made me feel better! And the adults' favors were these cute candy filled cones topped with what else? a little polka dot whale!



Okay. That's all I have for now. It was a fun shower. There was not a great turn out, but it was the last of a string of baby showers, bridal showers, and weddings in our ward. But we played a couple of games, ate, visited, and it was a good time. Oh, and the "we" I speak of is composed of myself and good friends, Breanna and Annie.

1 comment:

DaNell said...

I want to help!!! I have been a part of throwing 3 baby showers in the past couple of months, I love it. Thanks for some really cute ideas for another. I too wish we were closer you are so creative.